12.24.2010

Day 24: It's Christmas Eve!!!!!

As I consider that I only have today and tomorrow left to post carols, I'm debating as to which carol to use today!  There are several that I haven't used yet (crazy, I know!) and I already know which one I'm using tomorrow. So I have decided on this song by Johann Sebastian Bach in the Christmas Oratorio, which was unfamiliar to me, but you might know it:)

1. Beside the cradle here I stand
O Thou that ever livest
Accept me, 'tis my mind and heart
My soul, my strength, my ev'ry part
That thou from me requirest

2. And bring Thee with a willing hand
The very gifts Thou givest
Accept me, 'tis my mind and heart
My soul, my strength, my ev'ry part
That thou from me requirest.
(view original post here.)

With Christmas being tomorrow (!!!!!), this carol is very appropriate as we consider our heart toward our Savior.  


When I was younger, I used to picture myself running to the manger and worshipping Baby Jesus, and feeling ashamed that I had nothing to give Him.  And then singing, "What can I give Him, poor as I am, if I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb, if I were a wise man, I would do my part, but what can I give Him? Give Him my heart."
And now, I kneel before Him again.  I see my insignificance and poverty of soul in light of His majesty.  But now, does my heart resist being offered? It is my only possession! How can I give it up? My will, my desires, my everything...can I really give them to this baby?

O my God, do not let me grow stubborn and resistant in my soul.  I know that Christmas is all about Your Gift--Your only Son, because You loved me. Me--who has resisted at every turn, who would never have loved you unless You have loved me first. Love so amazing, so divine DEMANDS my soul, my life, my all!  "Accept me, 'tis my mind and heart, my soul, my strength, my ev'ry part" - it's Yours, Lord. I give it all. Magnify yourself through me this Christmas, and throughout all of my life, which is Yours to use as You will. 


Let's kneel before Him this Christmas and give back the gift of our lives to Him again. 

No comments: