2.09.2011

Day 9: A photo I took


I was going to get up early this morning and take a picture of my birthday sunrise, but staying up late and getting up early don't really work together in my book:) 
Eighteen is sort of a milestone. It reminds me of the verse that says something like, "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought as a child, etc., but when I became a man I put away childish things." 
I think I should feel more nervous or overwhelmed than I do. I feel as though I've been preparing "all my life" to be a responsible, mature adult, so why be scared? This is just the next step in life! 
This morning, at breakfast, we sang "Come Thou Fount" and I thought that verse 2 was appropriate. . ."Here I raise mine Ebenezer; hither by thy help I'm come; and I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home."
If my God has led me thus far, will He not continue to prove faithful? Even when I am faithless, HE WILL REMAIN FAITHFUL! He cannot deny Himself.
Wow! That just fills me with joy and peace about the future, whatever it may hold. I know WHO holds the future, and my life is in His hands!

No comments: