8.30.2010

Joy comes in the morning!

I love those mornings when I wake up and get up early.   I love spending quality time with God early in the morning, drinking my coffee, feeling the cool breeze tickle my toes and rustle my hair.  It is now, when I am still before Him, that I stand in awe of Him and just Who He is.
I have done nothing to deserve this new life in Christ, the peace that passes all understanding, and an eternity in the presence of God.  But I am confident that I have it.  I have no doubt that I am His and He is mine.  His Mercies are new every morning and He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.
Revel and delight in our God today.  See Him for Who He is and what He has done.  Thank Him for His work on the cross and making you a new creation.  Thank Him for eternal life in heaven and the peace, joy, and contentment of the abundant life He has given us here on earth.

"Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His Holy name.  For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; mourning may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."  Psalm 30:4-5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thanks for the timely reminder of my Heavenly Father's unfailing love :)

For the King and His glory!
Annie

Logan Vaughan said...

Great, great post. It's so true! Nothing beats having peace in God. Rock on!