2.03.2011

Day 2: Favorite Movie

I find it rather hilarious that I forgot to post on the 2nd day of the challenge:)
Day 2: A favorite movie...hmm, that's hard to decide! 
I like alot of movies, but the one's I really enjoy are those that really develop the characters, that make you feel every sigh, tear, and laugh. So I like LLLLOOONNNGGG movies, like Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, and Wives and Daughters!

"Anne girl" has always been a family favorite, and it came to mind today because my little siblings watched it yesterday:) But I really enjoy seeing Anne grow up and find out what really matters in her life.

Anne Shirley: This is the most tragical thing that has ever happened to me!
Aunt Josephine: Make a little room in your plans for romance again, Anne, girl. All the degrees and scholarships in the world can't make up for the lack of it.

Anne Shirley: I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me some credit.
Diana Barry: I wish I were rich, and I could spend the whole summer at a hotel, eating ice cream and chicken salad.
Anne Shirley: You know something, Diana? We are rich. We have sixteen years to our credit, and we both have wonderful imaginations. We should be as happy as queens.
[gestures to the setting sun]
Anne Shirley: Look at that. You couldn't enjoy its loveliness more if you had ropes of diamonds.
Anne Shirley: Aren't you worried? I'm liable to break another slate over your head.

Marilla Cuthbert: Oh, this is a fine kettle of fish.
 
Anne Shirley: Would you please call me Cordelia?
 
Anne Shirley: The fact that you rescued me, unnecessarily, hardly wipes out past wrongs.
 
Anne Shirley: Laura Spencer is giving a comic recitation, but I prefer to make people cry.
 
So that's my favorite movie for today:)
Twenty. Pounds. Of brown. Sugar. :)









2 comments:

Gabbie said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of our all-time favorites too! And we love Pride and Prejudice (the 6 hour one) and all the Elizabeth Gaskell movies :-)

Jason Hunsicker said...

This hurts my "man pride" a little bit, but I must admit I have seen "Anne of Green Gables" and "Anne of Avonlea."

Anne's mellow-drama can be quite entertaining.