4.11.2011

The Difference

Do you have childhood reflections? Bits and pieces of something you saw consistently that you absorbed into your mind?

I sure do:) At my grandparents, they had this poem hanging in the bathroom. So every time I would (pardon the topic) relieve myself, I would read it and think about it. It came to mind this morning, but all I could remember was the first phrase. So I looked up the rest and wanted to share it with you all, because it's very pertinent and a great reminder!

THE DIFFERENCE

I got up early one morning, and rushed right into the day:
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task.
Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask".

I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak:
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek".

I tried to come into God's presence:
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided.
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning, and paused before entering the day:
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
--------------------------------------------------

Did you start your day off right this morning? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! We have this in one of our bathrooms in a frame. I always stay in bed and pray for the day before I get up.. so encouraging.. love to start my day out like that :)