5.27.2011

As summer begins...

What? "last posted on May 5"???? Wow! I'm sorry everyone; time sure flies! 


Summer is here. At least it is for me:)  I leave on Tuesday for camp, where I will serving as a cook for eleven weeks! I am so excited and thrilled to see what God will do in and through me! I am praying that He will humble me, and change me more into His image--that no matter how tired I am...I will reflect His love and patience.


God is faithful. God is constant. God is unchangable. God never forgets or loses track of time! God's patience never grows too short. God never snaps at me when I fail, again. God is love. True, selfless love that sacrifices and looks out for the other's best interest. 
I so long to be more like Him! I fall so short! And yet, He loves me. He has proved it so that I can never doubt it! He has laid down His life for me, and calls me to do the same for those He brings into my life.


As a graduation gift from a dear friend, I received the book, The Valley of Vision, which is a collection of Puritan prayers. This morning I read one entitled "The All-Good." This paragraph stood out to me:
"That is an amazing thing to see Deity in a creature, speaking, acting, filling, shining through it; that nothing is good but Thee, that I am near good when I am near Thee, that to be like Thee is a glorious thing: this is my magnet, my attraction."

I might be posting again sometime in the future, we shall see:) But until I post again, God bless! Seek the Lord; may He be your magnet, your attraction.


3 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Hey Sophie! Im a fellow Bible Bee-er and rebelutionary. Are you doing BB this summer?

Sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophie said...

@Sarah-at this point I am signed up to do it. We are going to decide whether I will be doing National or Timothy Track after we see the material.