2.13.2012

"You are Loved"

Tonight I ate my favorite cherry pie and ice cream in a bowl that says, "You are Loved." And I know it's true! 

Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

That's definitely how I feel right now! :) My birthday was on Thursday, but because of busyness, we waited to open my presents until tonight. The waiting was killing my family more than me, I think, and now I know why!

dark-chocolate-drowned coffee beans
my favorite mechanical pencils
a new tea mug AND tea:)
a fun skirt made by Rissa herself! Darling!
moccassins!!!!!
a yellow rain coat --I can't even tell you how long I've wanted a rain coat:)
money for a camera
the game of Dominion
a new water bottle that I an open with one hand:)

Every gift showed thought and love. Every gift made me smile and laugh. Every gift was lovely! Each one made me think, "Wow, they really know me!" Of course, I knew that they loved me before today, and even if they didn't have any gifts for me, I would not have doubted their love, but they reaffirmed and overwhelmed me with their love by their demonstration of it!

And then I realized, that's how it is with my God, too. I know that He loves me. He has proven it by what He has given me. He gave His life while on earth! He gave His life in death! He gave me His Spirit to indwell me and give me strength! He gave me His Word so that I am constantly reminded of His love! He knows me and everything about me!

I can grow through trials. I can sing in the rain, because I am not alone! I have a family and a God who love me and want the best for me!

1 John 3:16 "This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers."

No comments: