One of those crazy, doesn't-really-feel-like-a-birthday birthdays...not because of anyone's neglect or forgetfulness (so don't feel bad Mom and Dad:), but because responsibilities trump partying:)
Though today wasn't the type of birthday I always longed for as a child...it was a pretty special day!
Some of the blessings from God today...
- The roads weren't too icy...so I stayed alive to celebrate my birthday:)
- My mommy got up early and made me a hot breakfast!
- My little sisters got up early to give me birthday hugs before I went off to school!
- My sister and daddy got me a Starbucks coffee and a balloon in chapel <3
- The message in chapel was out of one of my favorite passages: Philippians 3: 10-11
- SO many people wished me a happy birthday at school today! It was an encouragement!
- I got a great new CD from a friend at school today: saxophone+piano=beautiful!
- Another friend bought me a raspberry iced tea--yummy!
- Classes and music rehearsals went well...definitely learning a lot and being challenged!
- It was a friend's bridal shower tonight! God is faithfully working in her and her fiance's life to make them a beautiful reflection of His relationship with the church!
- I got to eat supper with my whole family tonight! Special times to cherish...
- I am drinking tea and spending time in the Word before bed! God's Word is alive and personal!
As I look back on the day, there were many exclamation-point-worthy things, but the best blessing of today...was the life God has given me! Every day may not be a super exciting, fun-filled day, but every day is a gift, a blessing, a treasure to invest.
God has me alive for a purpose, and He WILL work everything out for good, which means making me more into a reflection of His Son FOR HIS GLORY!
May this nineteenth year of my life bring Him glory more than any other thus far...whether that means joy or sorrow, blessings or burdens...I am His.